Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Note on Fashion

I’m going to take a small break from my searing criticism of the mainstream music stream to make a few notes about the wretched fashion I see these days:

  • More is less: To all those people who think they can get away without 6 layers or spend one hour getting ready in the morning, you are gravely mistaken sir. To be simple and fashionable in these days you need to wear so many layers that you have to invent more layers to stay in the game. I wear an undershirt, my normal shirt, a vest, an over-vest-shirt, a second outer vest covered in an innerjacket, polished off with a third vest and finally my coat with tails. Vests are the name of the game.
  • Chin beards are so 1850’s: Shitty moustaches are all the rage now. Remember that.
  • Retro-mind: Keep in mind that it’s not too late to bring back the amazing fashion of the previous century. Sometimes I’ll put on some tights, pantaloons and a cod piece. You wouldn’t believe the amount of attention I get.

Fashion, much like music, is only cool if no one else is doing/listening to it. Remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment